- Serves: 0 People
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cooking: 40 min
- Difficulty: medium
Escalope of hot duck foie gras and cream of Puy green lentils
- ### Cooking ###
- Prepare your ingredients. Peel the onion and carrot.
- In a Dutch oven, put the lentils, the onion stuck cloves, the carrot cut in half, salt and pepper.
- Cover with water and cook covered for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Once the lentils are cooked, drain them and reserve a few spoons for the plates.
- Put the rest in a saucepan, and add liquid cream up to 1/2 cm above the lentils. Reassemble until boiling.
- Then mix everything. Finally go to Chinese stamen to have a smooth cream. Book warm.
- Salt and pepper the duck liver cutlet and brown quickly on each side.
- Then put it on paper towels to remove excess fat.
- On serving plates, place some lentils, then on top, put the escalope of duck foie gras, and all around wrap with a dash of lentil cream.
- Decorate with a sprig of chervil or flat parsley.
- That's ready!
- Tips and tricks of the chef: Duck foie gras is quite expensive so you can replace it with chicken livers. At this point, cook them well to brown. There is no exact dose for the liquid cream it is enough that it covers the lenses well.
- The good agreement: A barsac (Sweet white, Bordelais)
You may also like